Solar Power Servicing & Maintenance
Greener Housing Solutions is a South Australian, family owned and operated business. We are fully qualified electricians who also specialise in residential and commercial installations and servicing of solar power systems.
With over 25 years’ combined experience in the industry, Greener Housing Solutions and has built up a wealth of knowledge to be able to achieve what most solar companies simply cannot.
Unfortunately the Solar Power industry has seen its fair share of fly by night installers. Greener Housing Solutions receives calls on a daily basis from people in Adelaide that are either concerned that their systems are not producing as they should or systems that are just not working and their installer is no longer around. Greener Housing Solutions is dedicated to assisting South Australians in getting their systems back up and running and when we are able even taking on the warranty even though we did not do the installation. Don't feel you have no place to go because Greener Housing Solutions can and will help you!
● General Service/Yearly Service: Most of Greener Housing Solutions customers have yearly servicing of their solar power systems. We highly recommend this servicing as it is also a great preventer, even though we do not have a crystal ball, there are numerous measures that can be taken to prevent a lot of common issues that can arise within non-maintained and non- serviced solar power systems. All of these measures are actioned on all of our services as well as the customer is given a report of where their system is up to at that stage including any additional recommendations we may have.
● Broken down systems: Just because the solar power inverter is the bearer of bad news, it does not always mean it’s the inverters fault. There are many different parts to a solar power system and Greener Housing Solutions has the expertise and the knowledge to ascertain what the problem is, how it was coursed and what needs to be done to fix the system. Greener Housing Solutions delivers these services as a matter of urgency because we appreciate that every day the customer’s system is down, they are missing out on valuable solar production.
Solar Panel Cleaning: All of our Solar Panel Cleaning is also attended and completed by our fully qualified CEC Accredited Electricians. This ensures the job is done properly, to Building Code and to Warranty Guidelines.
● Warranty: Greener Housing Solutions has close relationship with all Australian currently approved solar manufacturers and through this relationship we are able to provide warranty assistance even to customers that have been installed by companies no longer in the industry. Just because the installer is no longer around, does not necessarily mean the warranty is void.
● Removal and re installation: There are numerous reasons why Solar Power Systems need to be removed and re installed and some of the most common reason are;
1. A roof has been damaged near where the solar panels are. To fix the roof they need to have the panels removed and then re installed once the roof has been completed
2. New additions to a home or commercial property sometimes need the roofline to be altered and for the safety of the solar power system, the home/commercial property and trades people, the panels require removal and de commissioning. Once the addition has been completed, then the panels are re installed and the system commissioned
3. The whole solar power system has been damaged and needs to be removed with a new one to be installed. Any rebates available at the time are also include.
Not matter what the reason is Greener Housing Solutions handles this type of work with the upmost profession and without delays as usually time is of the essence and other trades are required for their own individual jobs to be completed. Greener Housing Solutions is equipped and experienced in delivering on time first and second fix applications that do not hold other trade people down and in turn delivering a first-class customer experience.
This inspection will include things such as inspecting for visual defects in the modules and array mounting structure, checking cable joints and junction boxes for their integrity and durability and that they remain waterproof, testing the voltage and performance of your system, testing and checking protective devices such as circuit breakers and fuses, checking any roof penetrations to ensure they are still waterproof as well as cleaning any build up of dirt or grime.
Solar Power System Service:
The inspection includes a 30 point check including the following components
PV Array, Mounting & DC Cabling
System performance and operation
Your solar panels can also be comprehensively cleaned to maximise efficiency and performance.